Year level excursions and subject excursions are an important part of the St. Arnaud Secondary College's curriculum. They are optional, and are subject to seat availability, student behaviour record, and student/parent choice.
The objectives of the program are to allow students to:
- enjoy learning;
- learn through personal experience;
- cooperate with others;
- have greater power and responsibility over their lives;
- broaden their knowledge and understanding of the world;
- relate the theory studied in the class room to practical situations in the real world;
- expand their experience beyond the St. Arnaud area;
- develop confidence in dealing with unknown places, people and situations.