School Policy is for relationships between parents, staff and students to be honest, open and supportive. This necessitates communication between various groups in the school. This communication must be prompt, reliable, clear and sensitive to all concerned.
- Parents and teachers should use the Student Organiser as a means of communication as well as the Student Management Tool - Compass
- The Year Level Coordinator: The Year Level Coordinator is the first point of contact for student related matters. This applies to students, teachers and parents.
- School Newsletter: This is distributed to students weekly on Friday. It aims to keep parents, students and staff informed about the school. It is also made available to other interested people or groups on request. Parents are encouraged to provide their email addresses to the office so that the newsletter can be emailed home.
- School Magazine: "Kara" is published at the end of each year as an historical record of the happenings of the school during that year. It is prepared by students at the school under the supervision of the Magazine Class teacher. Students contribute either directly through submissions or by helping in the production.
- Information Nights: Information nights are held prior to all school tours and camps: for example, Central Australia. In addition, information nights are conducted for Grade 6 parents, and for parents of students entering the Middle School and VCE.
- Student Reports: Students are issued with reports on their progress and achievement during the year.
- Parent/Teacher Interviews: These are organised early in Terms 2 and late in Term 3.
- Personal letters to parents: These are issued where necessary.
NOTE: All communications concerning broader school affairs should be directed to the Principal, who is always willing to discuss any matters with parents. Appointments made by telephone are preferable. Phone: (03) 5495 1811.